Phone: 800-347-8268, Meeting ID: 1478, Meeting Password: 3579
- Ensure a common understanding of the role of the organizing board
- Begin to develop relationships and sense of group identity among board members.
- Review proposed mission and activities of the organization. Confirm consensus; if no consensus then identify points for further discussion
- Set up work plan: schedule, goals, and assigments for next meeting
- Welcome and introductions. Meeting protocol: Remind everyone to state their name before speaking – it’s hard to recognize voices. (5 min)
- Get to know each other. (15 min)
- OGA history and activities to date. (10 min)
- Purpose of organizing board. (5 min)
- Questions from board members. (20 min)
- Review 2009 survey of grower needs and wants. (5 min)
- Review mission statement and begin to obtain consensus. (45 min)
- Overview of next meeting. (15 min)
- Set schedule for future calls. (10 min)
What to prepare
- Where do you currently get your information on organic agriculture?
- Review proposed mission statement: The mission of the IL Organic Growers Association is to support networking and farmer-to-farmer exchange among farmers interested in organic and sustainable production methods, promote and develop new and improved production methods that are state- and region-specific, and help growers support expanded markets for organic agricultural products.