Phone 800-347-8268, Meeting ID 4642, Meeting Password 1357
- Soil Conservation/Soil Stewardship field day
- Co-sponsored by IOGA, WIU’s Allison Farm, ASAP’s Climate and Organic Agriculture Project
- Proposed date: August 3, 2011
- Tentative agenda:
- 9.30-11.00: Workshop on conservation tools, nutrient management and sustainability metrics. This will be put together by our grant team. We envision an interactive session and some discussion.
- 11.00-12.00: Steve Groff, Permanent Cover Crop Systems.
- 12.00-1.00: Lunch (informal exchange or lunch speaker. If we want a lunch speaker, can it be Steve?)
- 1.00-4.00 Field tour of the Allison Farm
- This day is already organized by CISFN. Our purpose is to discuss how IOGA can co-sponsor.
- Date: July 9, 2011, 1:30 – 4:00 PM (registration starting at 1:00 pm)
- Location: PrairiErth Farm, Atlanta, Illinois (Logan County)
- Description: Learn more about how and why cover crops work and how you can build cover crops into your farming operation. Dave Bishop will share how cover crops are used extensively at PrairiErth Farm, both in row crop and vegetable production. Dr. Joel Gruver, Western Illinois University, will discuss the benefits of cover crops and how to select the best cover crops for your farm. He will also share information about cover crop research at the Allison Farm as well as information about the Cover Crop Innovators group.